CRYPTO INSIDER: The IRS wants to investigate crypto tax fraud
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
The Internal Revenue Service is taking an international approach to cryptocurrency-related crime.
In response to a request by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development to reduce tax crime, the IRS on Monday formed the Joint Chiefs of Global Tax Enforcement (J5), a coalition between five countries aimed at investigating cryptocurrency crimes, including tax fraud and money laundering.
Here are the current crypto prices:
In the news:
- Revolut’s backer Draper Esprit has entered Germany by investing in local VC firm Earlybird
- Coinbase has been working on a new program to police its markets, and it has hired a former New York Stock Exchange exec to lead the effort
- A brief history of cryptocurrency — and a look at where it’s going
- Bitcoin is making a comeback
- Crypto investors are complaining about the same ‘biggest pain point,’ and fixing it could add billions to the bitcoin market
- Here’s what it’s like to visit ‘Crypto Valley’ — Switzerland’s picturesque blockchain version of Silicon Valley
New to Crypto Insider? Business Insider has a ton of articles to get you caught up to speed, including:
- How to buy and sell major cryptocurrencies using Coinbase on your iPhone
- How to buy Ripple’s XRP
- An ETF veteran who ditched Wall Street for crypto explains how bitcoin can fit into a portfolio
- Track the price of nearly two-dozen cryptocurrencies here
What other questions do you have about crypto? Ask them in Business Insider’s Crypto Insider Facebook group today to discuss with readers from all over the world, as well as BI editorial staff.
Read the full article from it’s original source: http://uk.businessinsider.com/crypto-insider-the-irs-wants-to-investigate-crypto-tax-fraud-2018-7