CRYPTO INSIDER: Bitcoin might have led Mueller to Russian hackers
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
The 12 Russian hackers indicted Friday by the special counsel Robert Mueller utilized bitcoin to facilitate their scheme, according to the indictment.
The indictment suggests those bitcoin transactions contributed to the hackers getting caught.
Here are the current crypto prices:
In the news:
- Robinhood is adding two more coins to its crypto offerings as it attempts to take down Coinbase
- Steve Cohen has reportedly backed a crypto hedge fund called Autonomous Partners
- An early investor in Uber, Airbnb, and bitcoin explains why it’s actually a good sign that no one is spending their crypto
New to Crypto Insider? Business Insider has a ton of articles to get you caught up to speed, including:
- How to buy and sell major cryptocurrencies using Coinbase on your iPhone
- How to buy Ripple’s XRP
- An ETF veteran who ditched Wall Street for crypto explains how bitcoin can fit into a portfolio
- Track the price of nearly two-dozen cryptocurrencies here
What other questions do you have about crypto? Ask them in Business Insider’s Crypto Insider Facebook group today to discuss with readers from all over the world, as well as BI editorial staff.
Read the full article from it’s original source: http://uk.businessinsider.com/crypto-insider-bitcoin-might-have-led-mueller-investigation-to-russian-hackers-2018-7