17 things that make this the perfect résumé
- Using a sample résumé to help you spruce up your own doesn’t mean it has to be bland.
- Business Insider and TopResume career expert Amanda Augustine put together a strong sample résumé as inspiration for job seekers.
- Augustine also provided insight on what works in this particular résumé so that you tailor your own résumé to your needs.
A good résumé can be hard to find — so here’s a solid sample résumé to help you get started.
After all, your résumé is your key to new and exciting job opportunities.
Business Insider and Amanda Augustine — who currently works as TopResume’s careers expert and previously worked in the same capacity as Ladders — put together the following résumé for all current and future job seekers.
While résumés should be tailored to the industry you’re in, the one below offers a helpful guide for entry- and mid-level professionals with three to five years of relevant work experience.
What makes this résumé so great? Augustine outlined the following reasons:
1. It includes a URL to the job seeker’s professional online profile
If you don’t include URLs to your professional online profiles, hiring managers will look you up regardless.
Why not include your URL along with your contact information? This will prevent recruiters from having to guess or mistaking you for someone else.
2. It uses consistent branding
“If you have a common name, consider including your middle initial on your résumé and online professional profiles to differentiate yourself from the competition,” said Augustine.
For example, decide if you’re Mike Johnson, Michael Johnson, or Mike E. Johnson. Then use this name consistently, be it on LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.
3. It includes a single phone number and email address
“Choose one phone number for your résumé where you control the voicemail message and who picks up the phone,” Augustine said.
The same rule applies to an email address.
Read the full article from it’s original source: http://uk.businessinsider.com/why-this-is-an-excellent-resume-2013-11