We drove a $75,000 Audi Q7 and were blown away by its impressive features — here are the best ones
- The 2018 Audi Q7 is one of the finest luxury crossover SUVs in the world.
- Business Insider had the chance to spend a week with a 2018 Audi Q7 3.0T Quattro Tiptronic Prestige SUV.
- We were impressed by Audi’s combination of luxury, refinement, tech, and sporty driving dynamics.
- The base 2018 Audi Q7 Premium starts at $49,900, but our top-of-the-line Prestige test car cost $75,700.
The Audi Q7 is one of the most successful luxury crossover SUVs to hit the market in recent memory. The original Q7 debuted in 2007 and quickly developed into a fan favorite. The current second-generation model arrived in 2016 with positive reviews.
Business Insider recently had the chance to spend a week with the 2018 Q7. Audi’s flagship luxury SUV impressed us with its fine combination of luxury, refinement, and tech.
We were also impressed by the Q7’s poise and performance when pushed by the driver.
With the Audi Drive Select toggle set to “dynamic” mode, the Q7 can legitimately be called sporty. Engine power is easily accessible, and acceleration feels brisk. According to Audi, our test car is capable of hitting 60 mph from a standstill in just 5.7 seconds and can reach a top speed of 130 mph.
It certainly feels a lot lighter than its 4,916-pound curb weight would indicate. The steering, though a bit on the numb side, proved communicative enough to make spirited driving fun, while the chassis felt well-balanced for a big SUV.
The Q7 even won a head-to-head comparison with the world-beating Volvo XC90, Business Insider’s 2015 Car of the Year.
The 2018 Audi Q7 starts at $49,900 for the base, four-cylinder Premium model, while our top-of-the-line Prestige test car starts at $65,400. With fees and optional extras included, our test car cost $75,700. But that hefty price tag comes with Audi’s full arsenal of tech and luxuries goodies.
Here’s a closer look at the coolest features in the 2018 Audi Q7.
1. Smart interior design: The Audi Q7’s interior is stylish yet businesslike. Its cabin also boasts nearly flawless ergonomics. Everything you need is pretty much where you expect it to be.
Our only gripe with respect to cabin ergonomics is the location of the adaptive-cruise-control stalk on the lower left-hand side of the steering column.
Even though the adaptive cruise control works great, the location of the controls forced us to take our eyes off the road when adjusting the system.
2. Audi MMI: In our opinion, MMI is the finest infotainment system around. There really isn’t anything wrong with it — it’s responsive, easy to use, and packed with feature content.
MMI is controlled using this rotary-dial/touchpad combo.
Read the full article from it’s original source: http://uk.businessinsider.com/audi-q7-suv-cool-features-2018-6