CRYPTO INSIDER: Cyber attack paralyzes Bitfinex
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Bitfinex, one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges by trading volume, was down Tuesday morning after it experienced a cyber attack.
“The platform is under extreme load,” the exchange said at 9:39 a.m. ET. “We are investigating. Seems a DDoS attack was launched soon after we relaunched the platform.”
Here are the current crypto prices:
In the news:
- CHANOS: ‘The last thing I’d want to own is bitcoin if the grid goes down’
- Universities are starting to invest in crypto, according to an industry lawyer
- A secretive Chicago trading firm has built a bitcoin platform that shows crypto is growing up
- A startup just closed a huge $4 billion ICO — but the crypto fundraising method is ‘absolutely and unequivocally slowing down’
New to Crypto Insider? Business Insider has a ton of articles to get you caught up to speed, including:
- How to buy and sell major cryptocurrencies using Coinbase on your iPhone
- How to buy Ripple’s XRP
- An ETF veteran who ditched Wall Street for crypto explains how bitcoin can fit into a portfolio
- Track the price of nearly two-dozen cryptocurrencies here
What other questions do you have about crypto? Ask them in Business Insider’s Crypto Insider Facebook group today to discuss with readers from all over the world, as well as BI editorial staff.
Read the full article from it’s original source: http://uk.businessinsider.com/crypto-insider-cyber-attack-paralyzes-bitfinex-exchange-2018-6