Apple says its Apple TV business has grown 50% since it introduced a 4K version of the streaming box
- Apple announced Monday that its sales for Apple TV have grown 50% since it launched a 4K version in September.
- Apple said on Monday that iTunes and Apple TV now feature “the largest collection of 4K HDR movies.”
- Apple TV is also adding Dolby Atmos sound quality to its 4K devices, which were already Dolby certified for its streaming visuals, the company said.
While it was once categorized as “a hobby” by Apple, the Apple TV streaming box is selling better than ever.
Tim Cook announced Monday at Apple’s annual conference for app developers, WWDC, that sales for Apple TV have increased by 50% since the company introduced a 4K-supported version of the streaming box last year.
While it doesn’t include its own screen, the device connects to your TV and allows access to Apple’s ecosystem of third-party apps and live TV, which can be viewed with the proper cable credentials. The company upgraded Apple TV in September to allow for 4K streaming of TV shows and movies.
Apple said on Monday that iTunes and Apple TV now feature “the largest collection of 4K HDR movies.” The company also allows Apple TV users the ability to convert previously purchased TV shows and movies to 4K as a free upgrade.
Apple also announced that Apple TV 4K will now pair its visuals with “room-filling” Dolby Atmos sound, making it “the only streaming player to be both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos certified.”
Read more from Apple’s WWDC 2018 conference:
- Apple is fixing the worst part of its CarPlay software — you’ll finally be able to use Google Maps
- FaceTime will now support video chats with up to 32 people, as well as filters and Animojis
- Here are all the ways Apple will help you combat your smartphone addiction in iOS 12
- Apple is turning your iPhone into a powerful, virtual tape measure with a cool new app
Read the full article from it’s original source: http://uk.businessinsider.com/apple-says-apple-tv-business-has-grown-50-percent-2018-6